Balloon chokes girl, 9, to death at Suhum

The deceased has since been buried according to a family source.

A nine-year-old pupil of Suhum M/A Experimental school in the Eastern Region has died after she choked on a balloon.

The deceased identified only as Emmanuella, a class three (3) pupil died within a twinkle of an eye in the school Friday July 26,2019 despite attempts to resuscitate her .

Her brain was fatally starved of oxygen before being rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Starr News has gathered that the School had a gathering on the premises on the fateful day where balloons were used as part of decorations however the deceased and her other colleagues rushed to remove the balloons after the program and started inflating them. 

In the process a balloon got burst and choked her to death after blocking her windpipe.

The deceased has since been buried according to a family source.

The Suhum Municipal Police Commander, Superintendent Joseph Owusu however told Starr News he was yet to be briefed on the incident.

Previous articleProbe into KNUST chaos completed, reports ready – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Next articleSlavery must never recur – President says at start of PANAFEST


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.