The main opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has scheduled its presidential and parliamentary primaries for 6 May 2023.
The decision was taken at the party’s Functional and National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held on Thursday, 5 January 2023.
Both the Presidential and Parliamentary primaries will take place concurrently.
The Parliamentary forms will be sold at GHS5000 and filing fees at GHS40,000.
The Presidential forms will sell at GHS50,000 and filing fees at GHS500,000.
Below is the NDC timetable:
Please be informed of the following major decisions at the NEC meeting today, 5/01/2023:
1 That all regions should immediately resolve outstanding issues in the branches and constituency elections to pave the way for the next programmes of the party.
2. That all regions should prepare 2-day ‘thank you’ programmes for national executives to execute before the end of January. This should be followed by orientations of new executives at all levels of the party.
3. It was also agreed that both presidential and parliamentary primaries take place concurrently.
4. The common schedule for both primaries is as follows:
a) Opening of nomination for presidential/parliamentary primaries is from 22nd to 24th February 2023
b) Filing: 20th to 22nd March
C) Appeals by aspirants: 30th March to 6th April
d) Elections: 6th May 2023
a) Parliamentary forms at GHS5000 and filing fees is GHS40,000
b) Presidential forms at GHS50,000 and filing fees is GHS500,000
6. All appointees of the party at all levels are to remain at post until ending of May 2023. However, if executives at any level have a special case regarding any appointee, they can call for the matter to be resolved.
7. The ward coordinators’ elections are to take place from 1st-7th February 2023.
It is only the ward coordinator who is to be elected but the ward secretary, organiser, and women and youth organisers are to be appointed by constituency executives on recommendations of the ward coordinators.