The young man who got electrocuted and burnt while attempting to steel a cable at the Bulk Supply Point (BSP) at Aflao in the Ketu South Municipality has died.
Eric Kofi Quaye, aged 32, died at about 2:15pm while receiving treatment at the Ketu South Municipal Hospital on Wednesday, April 13, 2022. The suspect had been rushed to the facility that morning after he sustained severe burns from his head to his toe.
The BSP in question is specifically located along the Diamond Cement road in Aflao. It has two sections managed by ECG on one side and GRIDCO on the other.
Confirming the incident to Daily Guide, the Public Relations Officer of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), Volta/Oti, Benjamin Antwi said despite the urgent care given to the suspect, he could not survive.